How to Build Self-Esteem
Self-esteem impacts all areas of your life. High self-esteem influences motivation and improves your relationships, your decision-making, and overall well-being. Discover in this 4-week course with esteem expert Dr. Virgil Ziegler-Hill how to understand your true potential and get inspired to take on new challenges.
Skills You Will Learn
- Gain a sense of increased confidence, inner calmness, self-assurance, and contentment.
- Explore the psychological science behind our understanding of what self-esteem actually does, and discover what is known about the origins of our self-esteem.
- Learn how to reflect on the benefits of high self-esteem and, importantly, practical ways to boost it.
- Attain tips to better understand your uniqueness, and discover how to strike the right self esteem balance for an increased sense of self worth.
- Begin introducing self-esteem interventions, specifically knowing “how” to improve self-esteem and “which” interventions are effective for you.
Dr. Virgil Zeigler-Hill
Originally from Indiana, Dr. Virgil Zeigler-Hill is a psychologist and researcher who has spent more than 20 years studying self-esteem and its related constructs. Virgil is a Distinguished Professor at his Oklahoma alma mater, and is credited with editing and co-editing influential books like Self-Esteem; The Dark Side of Personality; and Evolutionary Perspectives on Social Psychology.
The way people think and feel about themselves affects every moment of their lives. Our evaluations of ourselves serve as the foundation for our actions and reactions, the values we adopt, the goals we set for ourselves, and our ability to meet the challenges that we encounter in life.
From tracking our inclusion to our general social status, our self-esteem informs us of where we feel accepted. It also tells others about our social value, buffers us from negative events, and influences our confidence. In short, self-esteem is multifaceted.
None of us can change the past. However, that does not mean that we cannot try to heal from any unresolved issues. If they are not addressed, these issues may continue to foster low self-esteem.
From psychological well-being, physical health, interpersonal relationships. Educational achievement, and occupational success, the benefits of having high self-esteem are many and monumental. Let’s look closer at each of those beneficial life aspects this week.
Get a snapshot of Virgil’s course in this master class, discovering some of the practical tools he teaches to boost confidence as you begin your journey of overcoming self-doubt.