Do you know the foundation of all relationships, and a crucial component of lasting success? Positive communication. It goes beyond simply exchanging information. It is constructive, effective, and supportive, and it involves positive emotions, acceptance, and support. Learn in Jana Dawson's 2-week course how to integrate positive psychology concepts and develop communication habits that cultivate positive emotions, promote engagement, build positive relationships, and create shared meaning to elevate flourishing.
Skills You Will Learn
- Learn how to create high-quality connections and enhance workplace collaboration through positive communication.
- Understand diverse communication styles while setting the stage for positive interactions
- Master communicating in a way that creates safety, validation, and acceptance and discover the benefits of encouraging others to succeed.
- Establish practical and effective communication strategies that will create productive and positive interactions.
- Develop the confidence, motivation, and inspiration to make the most of your relationships.
Jana Dawson is incredibly passionate about facilitating well-being through better awareness, relationships, and engagement, and is currently the director of academic and training development at The School of Positive Psychology (TSPP) in Singapore. She comes with a multidisciplinary background and in her spare time organizes monthly dive trips to Malaysia raising awareness for reefs and marine life.
A simple message can have a profound impact on our emotions, how connected we feel to others and, ultimately, determine if we are having a good day or a bad day. This week we will unpack the power of communication, deepen our understanding of positive communication, and dive into the Co-create and Acknowledge elements of the CARE model of Positive Communication.
Viktor Frankl, founder of logotherapy – a school of psychotherapy that describes a search for a life's meaning as the central human motivational force – once said: “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” Positive Communication requires us to create a space and choose a response that encourages and brings out the best in all of us. This week we will be diving into the “Response” and “Encourage” elements of the CARE model.
In Jana’s master class you can learn to become a conscious communicator, cultivate positive emotions, and create a world that enables us all to flourish.